WHITE MARSH, MD – General Motors Corp. will start small when it comes to its new 2-Mode hybrid transmission, but the auto maker appears confident the Job One launch of production here marks only the beginning for the new unit. The 2-Mode, developed in a joint venture with the former DaimlerChrysler AG and BMW AG, will debut later this year on Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon fullsize SUVs. Production of those models is slated to get under way at GM’s Arlington, TX, assembly plant next week. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Starts Low, Looks for Growth With New Hybrid Transmission" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.