SAO PAULO — General Motors Brasil still is betting on the Corsa line for the first half of 1999, even after abandoning its goal for the No.1 spot in sales. The automaker now is going all out in the car popularity race. Without taking its eye off the bottom line, GM is actively pushing its new Corsa lineup, which, for the first time in years, has surpassed Fiat in sales volume. GM hopes to repeat that feat in May and is expanding the number of options in its Corsa sedan. The company ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM steers Corsa toward new race" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.