NEW YORK â Expecting a "pretty good" November, John F. Smith, General Motors Corp. group vice president-sales, service and marketing, says he's cautiously optimistic the auto maker can gain market share for the third year in a row. "We could be almost where we were on Dec. 1, 2002," Smith says. If so, that would mark a significant 1-month gain for the auto maker, which ended October with a 28.0% share of the light-vehicle market. A year-ago, it headed into December with a 28.3% share. It ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Still âCautiously Optimisticâ About 3-Peat" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.