General Motors Corp.'s lofty stock price was exposed, at least temporarily, last week for what so many investors have said it is: a figure buoyed by the automaker's ownership of high-tech Hughes Electronics Corp. The exchange offer that GM announced earlier this year to swap shares of the automaker's common stock for tracking stock in Hughes was about four times oversubscribed by investors. The rush to Hughes stock drove GM's share price down $9.56 to $77.38 early last Monday (May 22). As ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Stock Slumps With Hughes Offer" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.