It may be a sign of relative sanity returning to the U.S. sport/utility vehicle (SUV) market. Surprisingly, in unveiling the '00 Chevrolet Suburban/GMC Yukon full-size SUV last week, General Motors Corp. executives and engineers emphasize the new model's smaller size. The underlying message clearly is a broadside to rival Ford Motor Co. and its recently launched Excursion, which has been castigated for its gargantuan proportions. Chevrolet General Marketing Manager Kurt L. Ritter says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Stresses Compactness of New SUVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.