WASHINGTON – Plant closings, personnel cuts and other financial problems will not prevent General Motors Corp. from funding aggressive advertising launches of its new-generation fullsize SUVs and other vehicles due out this year, promises Brent Dewar, vice president-marketing and advertising. "Our financial situation won't affect the amount we spend on advertising when bringing new products to market," he says. However, he reveals GM will cut in other areas to provide funding for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to Stretch Advertising Dollars to Differentiate Products" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.