General Motors Corp. is studying a proposal to produce a version of the high-performance Subaru WRX for Pontiac, a top marketing executive confirms. The jointly developed all-wheel-drive sports car would take the place of a GM/Subaru cross/utility vehicle project, codenamed Lambda, shelved earlier this year. "It's one path we're exploring," John Middlebrook, vice president-sales and marketing for GM, says of possible collaboration with Subaru-maker Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. He provides ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Studies Subaru for Pontiac: Plans More Truck Features in Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.