DETROIT – General Motors Corp.’s Asia/Pacific division is letting Suzuki Motor Corp. take the lead in negotiations with the Indian government regarding an up-for-grabs stake in Maruti Udyog Ltd. The government is divesting its 50% stake in Maruti, an equal joint automotive venture with Suzuki. GM holds a 20% stake in the Japanese maker. Rudolph A. Schlais, outgoing president of GM Asia/Pacific, says the auto maker has informed the Indian government that it should operate solely through ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM: Suzuki Take Lead on Maruti Negotiations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.