General Motors Corp. is buying a 51% stake in DRB-Hicom Bhd subsidiary Hicomobil Sdn Bhd (HSB). The two automotive companies today signed a memorandum of understanding for the acquisition of HSB, which distributes the Chevrolet Aveo, Optra Sedan, Optra-5 and Optra Estate in Malaysia. “It will give HSB the opportunity to distribute a wide range of Chevrolet vehicles in Malaysia and increase its market share,” DRB-Hicom says in a statement. DRB-HSB, which expects the new distribution of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to Take Controlling Stake in Malaysian Distributor" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.