General Motors Co.’s decision today to increase output of its hot-selling Chevrolet Equinox cross/utility vehicle will result in some 300 extra units per day, a Canadian Auto Workers union official says. Under the plan, the auto maker’s previously announced expansion of CAMI Automotive Inc.’s body shop in Ingersoll, ON, Canada, will allow the plant to build extra Equinox bodies and ship them some two hours down King’s Highway to the Oshawa plant for paint and final assembly. When GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Taps Oshawa Plant to Boost Equinox Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.