General Motors Corp. expects a loyal following, but not necessarily mass appeal for its new Pontiac Aztek, a crossover “sports activity vehicle” that debuts in two months. Sales predictions are 50,000-70,000 units a year, says Mark Reuss, vehicle line executive. That's not a huge amount by GM standards, but enough to make a bold statement that Pontiac is in the crossover game. “It's a new market so it's risky to predict how many we'll actually sell,” says Mr. Reuss. The Aztek, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Targets 50,000-70,000 Aztek Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.