Sources at General Motors Corp.'s Powertrain Div. say machining of cylinder heads for the 4.6L Northstar twin-cam V-8 will be temporarily outsourced to a Canadian company. Northstars slated for '00-model Cadillacs have been substantially revised and improved, which necessitated a large-scale retooling at the engine's production facility in Livonia, MI. As most of the Northstar line undergoes refitting, cylinder head machining was outsourced to Comtech in Guelph, Ont., in order to keep ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Temporarily Outsources Northstar Work" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.