General Motors Corp.’s Thai unit sets an ambitious target of boosting domestic sales to 20,000 in 2004, up from a projected 6,000 this year, as well as doubling exports. Next year’s sales projections are based on optimism regarding the country’s economic growth and growing acceptance of GM products in the Thai market, says John Thomson, vice president of sales, marketing and aftersales-GM Thailand. GM builds Optra in Thailand. The Chevrolet Optra midsize sedan already has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Thailand Sets Goal to Double Exports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.