WARREN, MI – General Motors Co. engineers continue to tweak the driving dynamics of the new-for-’11 Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicle as production of salable units draws nearer, saying the meticulous process may even stretch beyond shipments to dealers. “We will continue tweaking after the vehicle is launched,” Doug Parks, vehicle line executive-Chevy Volt, tells Ward’s at a stopover Monday during media test drives of the car. “We want to learn from (owners).” GM will ship ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Tweaking Chevy Volt Calibrations as On-Sale Date Approaches" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.