General Motors (Thailand) Ltd. this week christens a new press line to support its production of a new flagship model truck to be first produced and launched in Thailand for the world market. The stamping line includes four press machines, six robots imported from Japan and two conveyors, which operate at 7.7 panels a minute and will produce 2.3 million parts a year.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Ups Press Capacity in Thailand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.