General Motors Corp. saw sales decline 23% to 257,623 vehicles in October, with car deliveries off 12% and truck demand down 30% on a daily rate basis (26 days this year vs. 27 last year). But the auto maker is urging a little perspective when analyzing sales results for the month, which include a disappointing showing for the industry overall. GM says U.S. sales should equate to a 15 million to 15.2 million seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) in October, including about a 14.9 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Urges Perspective in Viewing Octoberâs Sales Slide" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.