General Motors Corp. notched a 3.9% increase in U.S. light-vehicle sales, marking an increase in both car and truck deliveries in August. GM sold 363,521 light vehicles, up from year-ago’s 349,806. August represents the first monthly gain since January, when GM recorded at 6% year-over-year increase. But it still falls short of analysts’ projections calling for a 5%-10% rise. Meanwhile, the auto maker says it will reduce fourth-quarter production by 125,000 units, or 10.5%, from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM U.S. Sales Up 3.9% in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.