VIENNA – General Motors Uzbekistan YoAJ, the Uzbek joint venture car plant based in Asaka, aims to relocate semi-knocked-down assembly of the Chevrolet Epica and Captiva models to the country’s capital in Tashkent, where the auto maker plans to launch engine production in 2011. The move, which is designed to free up production space in the Asaka plant, will be completed later this year. GM Uzbekistan plans to set up a new subsidiary in Tashkent at the premises of the aircraft ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Uzbekistan to Shift SKD Assembly to Tashkent" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.