SAO PAULO – General Motors Corp. and Volkswagen AG plan to launch sporty versions of their popular cars in Brazil. GM will roll out the Vectra Challenge with a base price of $20,000. The vehicle has a 2.2L engine, air conditioning, power windows, antitheft system, fog lights and leather seats. VW, meanwhile, will launch the Gol Sport in Brazil to coincide with the World Match soccer cup in Japan and Korea. Although the price has not been set, analysts believe the car will base at about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM, VW to Launch Sporty Models" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.