If you’re a General Motors Corp. dealer and want to make some fast and easy money, we have a word for you: accessories. It’s a $27 billion market and franchised dealers capture only 10% of that while the aftermarket companies control the other 90%. GM officials say the auto maker is intent on changing that equation. The plans are ambitious – “If we’re not growing this business by $100 million a year then we’re not doing our job,” says Doug Herberger, GM North America vice ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"GM Wants Dealers to Capture Accessories Revenue" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!

For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: lwilliamson@wardsauto.com or phone: (248) 799-2642

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.