General Motors Corp., in search of more innovative products for its vehicles, is making a plea to suppliers to share its technology with them. Tom Fabus, head of vehicle purchasing for GM North America, says technology now will be rolled in with quality, service and price as a key element in how the automaker evaluates suppliers for future products. GM has enhanced its advanced purchasing organization with that goal in mind. The once small group is now in charge of sourcing all new parts ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Wants Suppliers to Share Technology" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.