DEARBORN, MI – Chrysler LLC’s announcement this week it is developing a Chevrolet Volt-like extended-range electric vehicle (EREV) stunned some, but the move comes as no shock to General Motors Corp., a top engineer says. GM first rolled out its Volt concept in January 2007 to a skeptical industry, with many insiders predicting Li-ion battery technology would never be ready in time for the car’s 2010 targeted launch. “We’re not surprised,” Jon Lauckner, vice president-global program ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Welcomes Volt Challengers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.