General Motors Corp.’s insurance arm, GMAC Insurance Holdings Inc., acquires Mexican insurance company ABA Seguros S.A. of Monterrey, Mexico, from Abaco Grupo Financiero S.A. de C.V. GMAC officials say the acquisition will help it gain a foothold in the international market. Last year, ABA underwrote upwards of $200 million in premiums. It has more than 700 employees in 35 locations in Mexico and is mainly an auto insurer, but also provides property and casualty coverage. Arturo Vargas ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMAC Acquires Mexican Insurance Company" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.