General Motors Corp. leadership is mum on its intentions for the billions of dollars it will pocket whenever the auto maker sells a majority stake in its General Motors Acceptance Corp. financial services business. GM disclosed Oct. 17 its plan to sell majority ownership in GMAC, without providing a timeline for the divesture. “It's much too early to predict any of that,” says GM Chief Financial Officer John Devine. GM's John Devine “Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We'll obviously ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMAC Sale Could Bring $10 Billion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.