General Motors Corp.’s GMC division adds to its product lineup with the new midsize Canyon pickup. The new truck will share most of its underpinnings and structure with the upcoming Chevrolet Colorado. Both models go into production at GM’s Shreveport, LA, plant in fourth quarter 2003. GM had initially decided not to provide GMC with a version of its new midsize pickup until Bob Lutz, GM’s vice chairman-product development, expressed his support for a GMC version of the truck. "The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMC Debuts Canyon Pickup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.