CUMBERLAND, MD – The importance of the Sierra fullsize pickup to GMC cannot be overstated, as the bulk of the brand’s volume and profits are derived from the one model, a top marketing director says. “Forty-percent of GMC volume is from Sierra,” Lisa Hutchinson, director-product marketing, tells Ward’s at a media event here. “It’s where we get (the majority of) our revenue and profit.” As such, the launch of the ’11 GMC Sierra Heavy Duty holds considerable significance for General Motors ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMC Success Depends Largely on Sierra" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.