In what could be the first step toward preparing the Korean market for a new replacement for the highly popular Matiz, GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. sends 80 owners of the small car to Japan to familiarize them with the Kei car culture. Kei cars are a class of minicars that enjoy special taxation and parking privileges in Japan because of their high fuel economy and small size. Last week, a GMDAT team took eight brightly painted Matiz models by ferry from Busan, South Korea, to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMDAT Introduces Matiz Owners to Japanese Kei Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.