SEOUL â€“ When Michael Grimaldi set the Lacetti Premiere/Chevrolet Cruze compact-car program in motion, he followed two strategic guidelines. The auto maker needed to sell more units of the new-generation model than the one it was replacing â€“ no small feat considering the current Lacetti is GM Daewoo Auto and Technology Co.â€™s best-selling vehicle. The new model also had to be more profitable per unit than the previous Lacetti. â€śIn most major countries, smaller vehicles are less profitable ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMDATâ€™s Grimaldi Pins Hopes on New Lacetti-Cruze, Beat Minicar" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.