Management at South Korea's GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. is breathing a sigh of relief after reaching a new tentative agreement with its labor union on Aug. 23. The new contract includes a 5.2% wage hike, marginally higher than the 5.1% increase won by workers at rival Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. on July 26. It also includes a substantial 3 million won ($3,139) one-time bonus per employee and sweetens the previous labor agreement negotiated with the union on July 27, which was narrowly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMDAT, Ssangyong Reach Tentative Deals With Unions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.