GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. files a lawsuit in China against local auto maker Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. due to the “extreme similarities” between Chery’s QQ model and the Daewoo Matiz-based Chevrolet Spark. The QQ and Spark are sold in China. GMDAT also has filed a petition in China to “invalidate certain design patents held by Chery.” The South Korean auto maker says Chery copied and used GM Daewoo’s trade secrets to create the QQ. Chery’s patents copy features of the Matiz, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMDAT Sues Chery Over QQ" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.