DETROIT – The 10-year independence of General Motors Corp.’s Metal Fabricating Div. will end by January, when the operations are integrated into GM’s Vehicle Manufacturing unit as part of the company's ongoing effort to improve efficiency. No job cuts are planned as part of the Metal Fabricating Div.’s merger with Vehicle Manufacturing, a GM spokesman tells Ward’s. Jerry Elson, chief of GM Vehicle Operations, is retiring Dec. 31. GM also announces the Dec. 31 retirement of 40-year ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMNA Streamlines Manufacturing Operations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.