General Motors Corp. inaugurates its innovative and long-awaited “Blue Macaw” small car manufacturing facility in Gravatai, Brazil, a plant that company officials say promises to be the most lean and cost-efficient in the world. The operation replaces the traditional component development cycle with a co-development process between GM and its systems suppliers, cutting costs and improving quality by allowing supplier participation up-front in the development of a vehicle. Supplier system ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM's Blue Macaw Ready to Fly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.