The three most critical factors driving U.S. light vehicle sales in October: incentives, incentives, incentives. The zero percent financing being offered on the oversupply of '00 models jamming General Motors Corp. dealers' lots should lift October U.S. light vehicle sales back to an 18 million-unit annual selling rate for the first time since the first quarter. The incentive action also is expected to net GM its highest share of the year (30%-plus), causing market penetration at several ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM's Generosity May Lift October U.S. Sales to First Quarter's Heights" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.