PHOENIX, AZ – Volkswagen AG’s Golf R32 wasn’t supposed to make it to the U.S. market. VW Golf R32 is Europe’s first entry in competing with Subaru WRX STi and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. This high-performance variant of the popular Golf small car was destined to tear up the roads of Europe – not California, Texas or Arizona. But a group of U.S. journalists visiting Germany to test drive the Touareg SUV persuaded VW Chairman Bernd Pischetsrieder during a lunch meeting to bring ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Golf R32 Stands Out From Boy-Racer Crowd" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.