What to feed the 800-lb. gorilla? Incentives are not going away any time soon, if ever. This gorilla has made himself comfortable. But he’s becoming increasingly difficult to please. The snacks that once thrilled him so, are having less and less impact. Such are the findings of the latest study of the impact of incentives on the buying public. A new survey by Maritz Automotive Research finds consumers are not as influenced by money on the hood and other carrots when buying a new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"The Gorilla Must Be Fed" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.