Creating “Gotta have” products is the buzzword du jour, but there’s another constituency designers have to appeal to besides consumers if Detroit is to pull itself out of its current mess: the folks in manufacturing. Head-turning styling is key to developing products that consumers will buy without insisting $3,500 be put on the hood first, but if the U.S. Big Three don’t start putting more emphasis on designing vehicles that are as easy to build as they are good-looking, they will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Gotta Have Buildable Cars, Too" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.