As Indian consumers warm to the burgeoning compact cross/utility vehicle and SUV segments, Maruti Udyog Ltd. positions itself to take advantage of the growing demand. Maruti launched its new Grand Vitara cross/utility vehicle in July, which it imports completely built-up from Suzuki Motor Corp. in Japan. Motivation comes from a gasoline 2.0L DOHC I-4 with a variable intake system and an output of 118 hp and 125 lb.-ft. (170 Nm) of torque. A “4-mode” fulltime all-wheel-drive system ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Grand Vitara Marks Turning Point in Maruti Strategy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.