VANCOUVER – Suzuki Motor Corp. launches the third-generation Grand Vitara this month, a front-engine, 4-wheel-drive cross/utility vehicle of unibody construction with a built-in ladder frame to perpetuate its niche as a nimble offering both on and off road. The 5-passenger ’06 Grand Vitara hails from a new platform that consists of 3- and 5-door versions, with a global sales forecast of 200,000 units annually, says Hirotaka Ono, SMC board member-overseas marketing. ’06 Suzuki Grand ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Grand Vitara Reinvented as Aggressive CUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.