An unprecedented production disruption engineered by Greenpeace could be the first in a string of protests involving SUV plants. Some 35 members of the environmental group on May 16 walked into Ford Motor Co.'s Land Rover Solihull assembly plant in the U.K. wearing Greenpeace's trademark orange jumpsuits and proceeded to lock themselves to unfinished Range Rovers and assembly machinery less than 30 minutes prior to the start of the 7:30 a.m. shift. The group targeted Land Rover due to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Greenpeace Could Target More SUV Plants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.