MUMBAI â€“ Mercedes-Benz India Ltd. recently delivered 150 cars in a single transaction to a group of citizens in the town of Aurangabad, for a deal totalling Rs650 million ($15 million). The price of each car ranged from Rs3.5 million to Rs12 million. ($77,000-$267,000). The group, made up of professionals, businessmen and executives ranging in age from 35-45, chose from among 10 Mercedes models and 33 variants. The State Bank of India offered loans to many of the car buyers. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Growth of Indiaâ€™s Wealthy Entices Luxury-Car Makers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.