CANBERRA – GM Holden Ltd. confirms it will end production of the Pontiac GTO this year. The auto maker will send its last batch of 10,000-12,000 vehicles to the U.S. by midyear. The Pontiac GTO version of the Holden Monaro has failed to stir strong interest in the U.S. market and fallen short of the 18,000 annual sales target projected when it arrived in the U.S. at the end of 2003. (See related story: GTO to Be Discontinued Again ) A GM Holden spokesman says in a published report the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GTO Demise to Curb GM Holden Exports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.