SAO PAULO – Computer hackers broke into Ford Brazil Ltda.'s computer system, stealing plans outlining a new car that is headed for Brazil. The theft includes photographs of the prototype model, documents regarding the design of the new vehicle, production data and the company's analysis of the market. Ford Brazil President Antonio Maciel Neto says the costs of the information leaking may be immeasurable. “Various strictly confidential documents, which, if disclosed, will certainly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hackers Hoist Ford Brazil Product Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.