The list includes:
- Bill France Sr., considered the father of American stock car racing and the founder of NASCAR.
- Don “Big Daddy” Garlits, developer of the rear “top fuel” dragster and the first full-body fire-resistant racing suit.
- Donald Healy, British sports car designer best known for the Austin Healey 100 and a top race car driver who held the land speed record in 1956.
- J.R. “Pitt” Hyde, founder of aftermarket retailing giant AutoZone.
- Battista Pininfarina, Italian designer extraordinaire and founder of Carrozzeria Pinin Farina in 1930.
- Heinz Prechter, founder of American Sunroof Corp. and pioneer developer of composite convertible tops.
- Eberhard von Kuenheim, who headed AG from 1970 to 1999.
- Jiro Yanase, president of vehicle distributor Yanase & Co. in Japan.
Formal induction ceremonies are scheduled for Oct. 5 at the Hall of Fame in Dearborn.