A tweak earlier this year to the head restraint design of General Motors Corp.’s midsize cross/utility vehicles help the quartet earn a “Top Safety Pick” from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The insurance group’s highest safety ratings for the GMC Acadia, Saturn Outlook, Buick Enclave and newly launched Chevrolet Traverse arrive less than a week after two of the auto maker’s small CUVs performed poorly in the same tests. The Chevrolet Equinox and its Pontiac Torrent platform ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Head-Restraint Tweak Gives GM Midsize CUVs Highest IIHS Crash Ratings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.