CAPETOWN, South Africa – The folks at Bentley Motor Cars Ltd. have done it again. Giving pulse to the new Arnage T – the most powerful Bentley ever built – is yet another iteration of the British auto maker’s 6.8L V-8 engine, whose overhead-valve architecture dates to 1970 and its lineage back to 1959. This version of the massive all-aluminum engine pumps out a whopping 450 hp at 4,100 rpm and 645 lb.-ft. (875 Nm) of torque and takes this beast of a Bentley – a 5,700-lb. (2,585-kg) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Heart of the Beast: Revamped V-8 Powers New Arnage T" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.