While much of the talk in Washington centers on shoring up faltering U.S. auto makers, recent financial developments among parts suppliers demonstrate their critical need for additional funding and to boost production volumes to stave off bankruptcy or outright failure. Throughout the week, clouds grew darker over the supply base as several companies reported big losses for 2008; Chrysler LLC notified suppliers it plans to seek additional price cuts; and The Wall Street Journal reported ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Heavy Losses Continue Pounding Suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.