Franchised car dealers are experiencing some hard-hitting body blows from the media of late. Industry experts wonder if the stories portend what could be a rough 2004 for dealers. Earlier this month, Dateline NBC ran a hidden camera story focusing on dealership finance and insurance fraud and deception focusing on Town and Country Ford, in Charlotte, NC. The dealership is owned by public retailer Sonic Automotive, ranked third on the 2003 Ward's Megadealer 100 list. Also in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Here Come the Lawyers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.