CHICAGO – Now that Pontiac will have a GTO in its lineup, will it have a top of the line Judge as well? Judge was the name given to the highest-performance, Ram-Air-induction option package on 1969-1971 Pontiac GTO muscle cars. John Z. DeLorean, Pontiac chief engineer at the time, borrowed the name from the oft repeated “Here comes the judge” phrase on the then-popular TV show Rowan and Martin’s Laugh In. GM planning higher-powered GTO. The name lasted only part way into the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Here Comes the Judge? GM Studies GTO Options" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.