General Motors Co. says quality glitches have held up the launch of the new-for-’10 Buick LaCrosse, pushing volume deliveries to dealers of the important car into October. “We had a couple of quality issues,” says Mark LaNeve, vice president-U.S. sales at GM. “They weren’t serious, but enough to delay us three or four weeks. “We made sure they were fixed so our customers did not have any problems when we shipped the initial vehicles,” LaNeve tells Ward’s during a conference call earlier ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hiccups Hit Buick LaCrosse Launch; GM Posts Best Sales Month" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.