General Motors Corp.’s joint venture in Malaysia with DRB-Hicom Bhd says it will move ahead with its expansion plans, as the operations are independent of the bankrupt U.S. parent. Hicom-Chevrolet Sdn Bhd is 51% owned by GM Asia Pacific Holdings LLC and 49% by DRB-Hicom, the sales, distributor and marketer of Chevrolet brands in Malaysia. “We are a joint-venture entity and are independent of the court proceedings in the U.S.,” Hicom-Chevrolet’s CEO Sanjeev Garg tells The Edge Financial ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hicom-Chevrolet Malaysian JV to Proceed With Expansion Plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.